Monday, December 17, 2012

Toddler Storytime Structure

Toddler Storytime Outline

-Children and adults read board books as we wait for the session to begin.

-Kids clean up the books.

Opening Song:
Clap In Time by Makin' Music

Activity:
Small, Tall: Stretch tall and then surprise the kids by alternating between small and tall (for example: small, tall, sm-tall!) Get faster as you go, finishing off with super speedy small, tall.)

Rhyme:
There were green alligators,
And long-necked geese.
Humpty-back camels.
And the chimpanzees.
Cats and rats and elephants,
As sure as your born.
But the lovliest of all was the unicorn!
(with animal gestures and signs)

Quiet Rhyme:
(With signs for listen, look and book-see http://www.aslpro.com/)
With our ears we will listen,
With our eyes we will look,
It's time to read a book.
Shhhhh!

Book

Fingerplay

Quiet Rhyme:
I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my fingers.
I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my toes.
I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my shoulders.
I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my nose.
Now no more wiggles are left in me,
So I will sit so quietly! Shhhhhhhh!

or

(With signs for sit down and listen)
Shhhh! Be quiet,
Please sit down, please sit down, please sit down.
Shhhh! Be quiet,
Please sit down.
Listen, listen, listen.
Shhhhh!

Book

Activity:
Bubbles or a song and dance with shaker eggs.

Closing Song:
Skinnamarinky Dinky Dink

Craft

No comments: