Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shoes and Socks Storytime

Preschool Storytime

Books:
Dog in Boots by Greg Gormley
   This book is a little longer than what I prefer to read in preschool storytime but I read it first and they all sat quietly. It's a cute story about a dog who keeps trying different kinds of shoes before realizing the best shoes for him are his paws. The kids seemed to enjoy it too.

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin
   I love, love, love this story. It's a perfect read aloud and the kids loved it too.

Sally and the Purple Socks by Lisze Bechtold
   This is a really cute story and we all really enjoyed it.

Whose Footprints? by Masayuki Yabuuchi
   This one is short but fun to read because the kids like to guess what animals belong to the footprints. 
Not a quiet story though, the kids will all be shouting out the answers.

Whose Shoes? by Stephen R. Swineburne
   The kids weren't very quiet for this story. They were pretty wound up from Whose Footprints? so I read it quickly and we moved on to the craft.

Fingerplay:
Start with five mice in a sock.

Hickory Dickory Dock,
5 mice inside my sock.
The clock struck one,
A mouse ran out,
Hickory Dickory Dock.

Hickory Dickory Dock,
4 mice inside my sock.
The clock struck two,
A mouse ran out,
Hickory, Dickory Dock.

Hickory Dickory Dock,
3 mice...

Craft:
Put shoes/socks on a cat.

No comments: